PDA

View Full Version : Re: where to get obeservation data?

Llanzlan Klazmon The 15th
July 29th 03, 05:39 AM
takashi > wrote in
:

> Hi, I have started to learn some numerical math software. I am looking
> for some physical data that I can use in order to get familiar with my
> numerical software. For instance, I would like to get the data about
> sun's temperature distribution(T=T(x,y,z,t)) or magnetic field. I am
> interested in calculating divergence or curl of some data at each
> point, so it would be very nice that the data has some associated
> direction with it( like E field or maganetic field). My computer does
> not have a huge hard drive( I only have 100 Mb left), so I can't
> handle a huge data set. Could you give me any suggestions?
> Thank you very much, and have a good day.

There is a lot of publically available data from the various instruments
of the SOHO spacecraft. It may not be in the form you want it but dig
around:

http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/archive.html

They do provide software for analysing the data too.

Llanzlan.