PDA

View Full Version : Too much spam latey!

Ken Bradley
July 5th 03, 07:41 PM
Can't you guy find a way to control the spam. Its been real bad lately.
Multipul copies of " ATTRACT,SEDuce..." Meet and ****.." Ect. My wife
thinks my Astronomy news group is a porn site!!

Starlord
July 5th 03, 08:35 PM
That is what happens to a free and open newsgroup and there's nothing you can do
about it.

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org

Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/

"Ken Bradley" > wrote in message
t...
> Can't you guy find a way to control the spam. Its been real bad lately.
> Multipul copies of " ATTRACT,SEDuce..." Meet and ****.." Ect. My wife
> thinks my Astronomy news group is a porn site!!

---

CeeBee
July 6th 03, 12:31 AM
"Ken Bradley" > wrote

> Can't you guy find a way to control the spam. Its been real bad lately.
> Multipul copies of " ATTRACT,SEDuce..." Meet and ****.." Ect. My wife
> thinks my Astronomy news group is a porn site!!

Use a newsreader with filter capacity (like Xnews), or use Nfilter
(http://www.nfilter.org/), click and dump for a few days and your problems
are almost over.

--
CeeBee