PDA

View Full Version : Is Planet X fiction?

Paul
July 5th 03, 05:57 AM
Hello list,

I was wondering if anyone out there knows of Planet X? It appears to me
as though most say it's a myth. I'm no astronomer, but was wondering....if
there were some form of planet, comet, or mass out there coming towards or
near the earth, would our astronomers/scientist be able to see it a long
ways off? Could it be possible that something could get past our seeing it
through scopes? If something were sited, would it be in the news?

Any replies would be appreciated,

Paul

Bob Doyle
July 5th 03, 06:43 PM
Yes, it is fiction.

Bob Doyle

"Paul" > wrote in message
> Hello list,
>
> I was wondering if anyone out there knows of Planet X? It appears to me
> as though most say it's a myth. I'm no astronomer, but was
wondering....if
> there were some form of planet, comet, or mass out there coming towards or
> near the earth, would our astronomers/scientist be able to see it a long
> ways off? Could it be possible that something could get past our seeing
it
> through scopes? If something were sited, would it be in the news?
>
> Any replies would be appreciated,
>
> Paul

Ron Miller
July 6th 03, 05:27 PM
Yes, it is fiction and not very good fiction at that.

RM

"Paul" > wrote in message
> Hello list,
>
> I was wondering if anyone out there knows of Planet X? It appears to me
> as though most say it's a myth. I'm no astronomer, but was
wondering....if
> there were some form of planet, comet, or mass out there coming towards or
> near the earth, would our astronomers/scientist be able to see it a long
> ways off? Could it be possible that something could get past our seeing
it
> through scopes? If something were sited, would it be in the news?
>
> Any replies would be appreciated,
>
> Paul

Terry Groff
July 6th 03, 09:57 PM
The only way I could see a "Planet X" actually existing is if it
were on an extremely elongated orbit, much like a comet. Its
period would have to be in the thousands of years which would
make it visible only during short periods of our history.

Terry

"Ron Miller" > wrote in message
> Yes, it is fiction and not very good fiction at that.
>
> RM
>
> "Paul" > wrote in message
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone out there knows of Planet X? It
appears to me
> > as though most say it's a myth. I'm no astronomer, but was
> wondering....if
> > there were some form of planet, comet, or mass out there
coming towards or
> > near the earth, would our astronomers/scientist be able to
see it a long
> > ways off? Could it be possible that something could get past
our seeing
> it
> > through scopes? If something were sited, would it be in the
news?

> > Any replies would be appreciated,
> >
> > Paul

J. Scott Miller
July 7th 03, 01:06 AM
Paul wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I was wondering if anyone out there knows of Planet X? It appears to me
> as though most say it's a myth.

The term "planet X" is used IF there is observational evidence hinting at the
existence of an as of yet undetected body. Though it was thought that such
evidence existed up through the 1980s, that evidence was itself found to be in
apparent error. Today, no more such evidence exists so as far as astronomers
are concerned, it is a nonissue. That does not mean such a body does not exist.
It simply means there is no circumstantial evidence implying such existence.

Mac
July 10th 03, 12:57 AM
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 04:05:50 +0200, "Drs. Nixan"

*********** *************
>After reading Zecharia Sitchin's work, I truly believe in the existence of
>planet X.
>But as I mentioned, it's just a believe... Sitchin makes it acceptable and
>likely that planet X could exist and have passed by our solar system app.
>4000 years ago.
>Anyway, more info can be found at:
>Regards,
>Nick
**************** *******
You may "believe" what Sitchin was penned.
That does not make such "reality".
You may wish to review some of the basic science and then re-read
Sitchin and note some of his more "interesting" comments.
---Mac

Ron Miller
July 11th 03, 09:34 PM
Unfortunately, you have apparently not read any of the very serious
criticisms of Sitchin's books. There are considerable problems with them.

RM

"Drs. Nixan" > wrote in message
> > I was wondering if anyone out there knows of Planet X? It appears to
me
> > as though most say it's a myth.
>
> After reading Zecharia Sitchin's work, I truly believe in the existence of
> planet X.
> But as I mentioned, it's just a believe... Sitchin makes it acceptable and
> likely that planet X could exist and have passed by our solar system app.
> 4000 years ago.
>
> Anyway, more info can be found at:
>
> www.sitchin.com
> http://xfacts.com/x.htm
>
> Regards,
> Nick

Bill Sheppard
July 11th 03, 10:28 PM
>Unfortunately, you have apparently not
>read any of the very serious criticisms of
>Sitchin's books. There are considerable
>problems with them.
>
>RM

Yeah, and one problem is the Annunakis' (supposed) use of humans as
slaves to mine gold for them. If they've got technology capable of
superluminal space travel, why in the heck would they need slaves for
anything?

oc