PDA

View Full Version : lx200gps power

Emiliano
June 26th 03, 10:00 PM
hello,
I'm afraid to power the scope.
May I know the polarity of LX200GPS 12VDC in connector ? Central positive or
negative ? I read LX200GPS likes 13.5VDC.
I got a stabilyzed power supply with both outputs of 12.0VDC and 13.8VDC? My
I use these indifferently ? 13.8 is best?

thanks, eggpap

David G. Nagel
June 27th 03, 03:38 PM
Emiliano;

I have the authorized AC/DC adapter in my lap as I type this message.
The label states that it has a 12VDC 2.5A output. I recommended this as
the internal batteries total 12V also.
How do you like your scope so far. I love mine.

Dave

Emiliano wrote:
> hello,
> I'm afraid to power the scope.
> May I know the polarity of LX200GPS 12VDC in connector ? Central positive or
> negative ? I read LX200GPS likes 13.5VDC.
> I got a stabilyzed power supply with both outputs of 12.0VDC and 13.8VDC? My
> I use these indifferently ? 13.8 is best?
>
> thanks, eggpap

Emiliano
June 27th 03, 08:10 PM
Has your adapter any specification of the power polarity? Namely central pin
is it positive or negative?

Emiliano

"David G. Nagel" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Emiliano;
>
> I have the authorized AC/DC adapter in my lap as I type this message.
> The label states that it has a 12VDC 2.5A output. I recommended this as
> the internal batteries total 12V also.
> How do you like your scope so far. I love mine.
>
> Dave
>
> Emiliano wrote:
> > hello,
> > I'm afraid to power the scope.
> > May I know the polarity of LX200GPS 12VDC in connector ? Central
positive or
> > negative ? I read LX200GPS likes 13.5VDC.
> > I got a stabilyzed power supply with both outputs of 12.0VDC and
13.8VDC? My
> > I use these indifferently ? 13.8 is best?
> >
> > thanks, eggpap

David G. Nagel
June 28th 03, 06:09 AM
Emiliano;
The name plate shows a diagram of the connector with the center labeled
(+) positive, the outer connector is labled (-) negative.

Dave