PDA

View Full Version : C/2003 H1 LINEAR Comet Images

Dennis Persyk
March 14th 04, 04:49 PM
Images at
http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm

I imaged C/2003 H1 LINEAR last night. The comet was low in the sky
towards Chicago at an elevation of only 20 degrees. The sky glow was
bright and my visual limiting magnitude in that sector was about 1.0
.. I could barely see magnitude 8 stars in the 11 inch SCT.

But the CCD camera overcomes these obstacles that thwart the visual
observer and I got some good images that show a 5 arc minute curving
tail. I also have a short video showing the comet moving across
Hydra.

I have kept the images and video short for my dialup modem friends who
will not have to wait long to see the web page. My broadband viewers
will see the page instantaneously. Please take a look.

Clear skies,

Dennis Persyk
Igloo Observatory Home Page http://dpersyk.home.att.net
Hampshire, IL

Milton Aupperle
March 14th 04, 07:25 PM
In article >, Dennis
Persyk > wrote:

> Images at
> http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm
>
> I imaged C/2003 H1 LINEAR last night. The comet was low in the sky
> towards Chicago at an elevation of only 20 degrees. The sky glow was
> bright and my visual limiting magnitude in that sector was about 1.0
> . I could barely see magnitude 8 stars in the 11 inch SCT.
>
> But the CCD camera overcomes these obstacles that thwart the visual
> observer and I got some good images that show a 5 arc minute curving
> tail. I also have a short video showing the comet moving across
> Hydra.
>
> I have kept the images and video short for my dialup modem friends who
> will not have to wait long to see the web page. My broadband viewers
> will see the page instantaneously. Please take a look.
>
> Clear skies,
>
> Dennis Persyk
> Igloo Observatory Home Page http://dpersyk.home.att.net
> Hampshire, IL