PDA

View Full Version : C/2002 T4 Comet Images

Dennis Persyk
February 23rd 04, 07:08 PM
Up until now, I have been imaging relatively bright comets, magnitude
9 and brighter. This comet at magnitude 16.3 was a real challenge!
Whereas I usually see the comet in a 5 second centering image, this
comet remained invisible until I stacked 11 5-minute images. I had to
trust my digital setting circles that the comet was somewhere in the
FOV.

Image 11 x 5 minutes unguided with 4-inch refractor at f/5.4.

Note how bright magnitude 13.1 nebula IC 381 is in comparison to the
comet.

This is not a visual comet!

Image at
http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm