PDA

View Full Version : Registax and Dark Frames

W. Watson
February 13th 04, 01:28 PM
I'm very familiar with the concept of dark frames, but the registax has an
implementation that seems unusal. The program apparently is very good at handling avi
files. When you Open an avi file, a button appears called Make Dark Frame. It's not
clear to me how one enters a dark frame into the program. Anyone know how to set up
such a dark frame for the program? The button almost seems to be saying it can make a
dark frame somehow. I don't get it.
--
Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet, Nevada City, CA)
-- GMT-8 hr std. time, RJ Rcvr 39 8' 0" N, 121 1' 0" W

"Don't you just hate it when someone leaves their call back phone
number at 100 digits a second? And worse. At the end of a long message."
-- Andy Rooney (in disguise)

Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>
sierra_mtnview -at- earthlink -dot- net
Imaginarium Museum: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews/imaginarium.html>

David Nakamoto
February 13th 04, 09:30 PM
Can't help you here. I don't use the dark frame capability, since the
planets I image and use Registax for processing are bright enough to not
require dark frame subtraction. The few times I've tried to use Registax
for deep sky the original images were already dark corrected.

Good Luck !

--- Dave

"W. Watson" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> I'm very familiar with the concept of dark frames, but the registax has an
> implementation that seems unusal. The program apparently is very good at
handling avi
> files. When you Open an avi file, a button appears called Make Dark Frame.
It's not
> clear to me how one enters a dark frame into the program. Anyone know how
to set up
> such a dark frame for the program? The button almost seems to be saying it
can make a
> dark frame somehow. I don't get it.
> --
> Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet, Nevada
City, CA)
> -- GMT-8 hr std. time, RJ Rcvr 39 8' 0" N, 121 1'
0" W

> "Don't you just hate it when someone leaves their call back phone
> number at 100 digits a second? And worse. At the end of a long
message."
> -- Andy Rooney (in disguise)
>
> Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>
> sierra_mtnview -at- earthlink -dot- net
> Imaginarium Museum:
<home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews/imaginarium.html>

W. Watson
February 13th 04, 10:07 PM
I'll probably need it. :-)

I think I see a small ray of light, but it's just that. In revisiting the program, I
see there is a Load DF button too. However, it makes not a lot of sense to me that
only three different types of formats are allowed. I can easily make jpg, but
converting it to bmp seems like it would lose something in the process, not to
mention a jpg already has lost something. Oh, well.