PDA

View Full Version : ASTRO: Cooled out PK164+31.1 Planetary composite: Best of LRGB + [NII] Ha [OIII]

Richard Crisp
February 12th 04, 10:34 AM
Al Kelly suggested that he should make a composite image from his LRGB data
and my emission line data. So I sent him the data I had taken (raw stacks),
and he whipped up this very nice composite image of Planetary Nebula
PK164+31.1 Jones-Emberson 1.

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/pk164_akrc_page.htm

Al did the processing, I just took part of the data and made the web page
:-)

This one is pretty darn cool, it's got that blue central star and those
companion galaxies clearly visible......

Davoud
February 12th 04, 01:31 PM
Richard Crisp:

> Al Kelly suggested that he should make a composite image from his LRGB data
> and my emission line data. So I sent him the data I had taken (raw stacks),
> and he whipped up this very nice composite image of Planetary Nebula
> PK164+31.1 Jones-Emberson 1.
>
> http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/pk164_akrc_page.htm
>
> Al did the processing, I just took part of the data and made the web page
> :-)
>
> This one is pretty darn cool, it's got that blue central star and those
> companion galaxies clearly visible...

Nice try. You guys just photographed a marble and put it on a starfield
background ;-)

No! Wait! I guess it is real. Beautiful work! Do my aged eyes deceive
me, or are there over a half dozen galaxies visible in the field as
well?

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com

Richard Crisp
February 12th 04, 04:46 PM
"Davoud" > wrote in message
> Richard Crisp:
>
> > Al Kelly suggested that he should make a composite image from his LRGB
data
> > and my emission line data. So I sent him the data I had taken (raw
stacks),
> > and he whipped up this very nice composite image of Planetary Nebula
> > PK164+31.1 Jones-Emberson 1.
> >
> > http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/pk164_akrc_page.htm
> >
> > Al did the processing, I just took part of the data and made the web
page
> > :-)
> >
> > This one is pretty darn cool, it's got that blue central star and those
> > companion galaxies clearly visible...
>
> Nice try. You guys just photographed a marble and put it on a starfield
> background ;-)
>
> No! Wait! I guess it is real. Beautiful work! Do my aged eyes deceive
> me, or are there over a half dozen galaxies visible in the field as
> well?

(The coolness factor is becoming evident to Davoud.....)

Yessir, those be galaxeeeeesss

Dave Rose
February 12th 04, 05:57 PM
Hi Richard,
That's a great balance of colour and detail. Beautiful.
Dave

om...