PDA

View Full Version : Herbig Haro 34 Nebular Region with Jets

Richard Crisp
February 10th 04, 09:29 AM
Here's a strange nebula in Orion: HH34, called by ESO "Nebular Region With
Jets".

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/herbig_haro_34_page.htm

I finished this up earlier in the evening of Feb 9. It would have been nice
to have had better seeing, this one is very sensitive to seeing. The
reference ESO image was taken under 0.8 arc-sec seeing.

My shot was taken with an AP155EDF refractor instead of the 8.2Meter
Cassegrain scope at ESO, so I guess I had to accept somewhat less
spectacular results.

I used an ST10XME camera with an FLI CFW1 filter wheel and Optec TCF-S
focuser. I took five exposures of 30 minutes each through a 3nm FWHM Custom
Scientific [SII] filter and four exposures of 30 minutes each through a 3nm
FWHM Custom Scientific Ha filter and one exposure of 30 minutes through a
3nm FWHM Custom Scientific [OIII] filter for a total exposure time of 5
hours.

Richard