PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody still build their own CCD cameras?

Gary W. Swearingen
January 20th 04, 01:48 AM
Actually, the question is: Anybody know some web sites or books that
describe the buiding of CCD cameras and read-out electronics and
maybe software?

I'm googling, but not finding anything amongst all the complete
cameras. I'm thinking about a non-astro (and non-cooled) camera for
digitizing 8mm movies (and maybe 35 mm slides) and I though you guys
were doing something similar. I know there are ready-made digitizers
and digitizing services, but that's too easy. I also know that I'll
probably want to use a ready-made camera and just customize the
optics, but I'll like to investigate the DIY camera too. (Maybe
using a "linear" CCD instead of an "area" CCD.)

Thanks.

Helmut G÷bkes
January 22nd 04, 01:30 PM
Hi Gary,

maybe it is not the right one you are looking for, but under
www.trinityccd.de (and then klicking at the american flag)
you can find astronomical CCD Cameras wich are available
as Kit with pretested modules or as complete camera and with
several resolutions / interface options.

helmut

Robin Leadbeater
January 25th 04, 12:46 PM
"Gary W. Swearingen" > wrote in message
> Actually, the question is: Anybody know some web sites or books that
> describe the buiding of CCD cameras and read-out electronics and
> maybe software?

Here is a link to the Audine self build astro CCD camera which might be of
some use. It is pretty specific to long exposure astro imaging though

http://www.astrosurf.com/audine/English/index_en.htm

Robin

matt
January 25th 04, 03:38 PM
"Robin Leadbeater" > wrote in message

> "Gary W. Swearingen" > wrote in message
> > Actually, the question is: Anybody know some web sites or books that
> > describe the buiding of CCD cameras and read-out electronics and
> > maybe software?
> >

> Here is a link to the Audine self build astro CCD camera which might be
of
> some use. It is pretty specific to long exposure astro imaging though
>
> http://www.astrosurf.com/audine/English/index_en.htm
>
> Robin

- There's the Genesis camera :
http://www.genesis16.net/

- One could still buy Cookbook camera parts I think from University Optics
and the book is still availble .

Best Regards,
Matt Tudor

Gary W. Swearingen
January 25th 04, 07:15 PM
"matt" > writes:
> "Robin Leadbeater" > wrote in message

Thanks, guys. Better late than never; I was in no hurry.