PDA

View Full Version : ASTRO: IC1805 Widefield Region in [SII], Ha, [OIII]

Richard Crisp
January 7th 04, 01:30 AM
Back in October when I was taking widefield survey shots I took this
tricolor emission line image of the IC1805/IC1795 region.

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/ic1805_s2hao3_page.htm

Again using the AP Traveler with a 0.75x AP Telecompressor and my Dream
Machine camera, I was getting a 9 square degree swath of the sky.

I mixed this with both the "Pillars" palette ([SII]= Red, Ha= Green, [OIII]=
Blue) and the "CFHT" palette (Ha= Red, [OIII]= Green, [SII]= Blue).

Richard Crisp
www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org

hbb2102
January 7th 04, 04:55 AM
Wow...

"Richard Crisp" > wrote in message
m...
> Back in October when I was taking widefield survey shots I took this
> tricolor emission line image of the IC1805/IC1795 region.
>
> http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/ic1805_s2hao3_page.htm
>

> Again using the AP Traveler with a 0.75x AP Telecompressor and my Dream
> Machine camera, I was getting a 9 square degree swath of the sky.
>
> I mixed this with both the "Pillars" palette ([SII]= Red, Ha= Green,
[OIII]=
> Blue) and the "CFHT" palette (Ha= Red, [OIII]= Green, [SII]= Blue).
>
> Richard Crisp
> www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org

Alan Chen
January 7th 04, 11:05 PM
Hi Richard,

Now that's cool and different! Neat shot!

Alan

"Richard Crisp" > wrote in message
m...
> Back in October when I was taking widefield survey shots I took this
> tricolor emission line image of the IC1805/IC1795 region.
>
> http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/ic1805_s2hao3_page.htm
>

> Again using the AP Traveler with a 0.75x AP Telecompressor and my Dream
> Machine camera, I was getting a 9 square degree swath of the sky.
>
> I mixed this with both the "Pillars" palette ([SII]= Red, Ha= Green,
[OIII]=
> Blue) and the "CFHT" palette (Ha= Red, [OIII]= Green, [SII]= Blue).
>
> Richard Crisp
> www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org

George Normandin
January 10th 04, 09:03 PM
"Richard Crisp" <> wrote

> Back in October when I was taking widefield survey shots I took this
> tricolor emission line image of the IC1805/IC1795 region.............

Great shot Richard!

This nebula looks like that animal that carries the SARS virus!! :)

George Normandin