PDA

View Full Version : Narrowband wide field CCD,......on a shoestring.

Goete
January 4th 04, 01:43 PM
For those of you, that don't have access to mr Crisp's state of the
art equipment and excellent photographic skills, there are low budget
alternatives. Have a look at http://user.tninet.se/~sdt522w/!

//Goete

Richard Crisp
January 5th 04, 01:37 AM
that is very nice work Goete.

I am very impressed by the neat and simple (and very portable) setup you
have for cooled CCD imaging.

It looks like you have a Starlight Express camera mounted on a photographic
tripod. What do you do to help the tracking?

is that an MX5C or maybe an MX7C or???

The thing that has me most interested of all your equipment is your
spectrohelioscope. I have been wanting to make me one of those ever since I
saw the description in the Solar Observer's Handbook by Willman-Bell. They
look very interesting. By incorporating a monochromator, it makes for a very
clever design of a tuneable narrowband telescope.

thanks for sharing this information.

Richard

"Goete" > wrote in message
m...
> For those of you, that don't have access to mr Crisp's state of the
> art equipment and excellent photographic skills, there are low budget
> alternatives. Have a look at http://user.tninet.se/~sdt522w/!
>
> //Goete

Robin Leadbeater
January 5th 04, 10:31 PM
"Goete" > wrote in message
m...
> For those of you, that don't have access to mr Crisp's state of the
> art equipment and excellent photographic skills, there are low budget
> alternatives. Have a look at http://user.tninet.se/~sdt522w/!
>
> //Goete

A very interesting site, thank you!

Having spent too much money on my main telescope, I now build my own cameras
and also enjoy "doing the impossible" on a budget ;-)

Robin
Robin Leadbeater
N54.75 W3.24
www.leadbeaterhome.fsnet.co.uk/astro.htm