PDA

View Full Version : CCD? Electronic Imaging? How to decide...

Stan Jensen
January 3rd 04, 01:39 PM
I'm setting up a gallery for a site, and there are a lot of
astrophotos taken the old-fashioned way with film, but more and more
with either CCD's - and more recently - the quickcams and digital
cameras.

I don't really think the Digital images should be in the astrophotos
(film) area, but they don't really fit into a "CCD" area. Or do they?

Or maybe the CCD area should be renamed? "Electronic Imaging" perhaps?

Any help would be appreciated

Michael A. Covington
January 3rd 04, 03:12 PM
"Stan Jensen" > wrote in message
> I'm setting up a gallery for a site, and there are a lot of
> astrophotos taken the old-fashioned way with film, but more and more
> with either CCD's - and more recently - the quickcams and digital
> cameras.
>
> I don't really think the Digital images should be in the astrophotos
> (film) area, but they don't really fit into a "CCD" area. Or do they?
>
> Or maybe the CCD area should be renamed? "Electronic Imaging" perhaps?
>
> Any help would be appreciated

All digital cameras contain either a CCD or a CMOS image sensor, which is a
very similar device.