PDA

View Full Version : PHOTO OF THE WEEK, M33 in Color

Jack Schmidling
December 30th 03, 03:16 PM
As promised last week (weather permitting and it did) we have the
color version of M33 taken with the 4.25" Astrograph.

js

PHOTO OF THE WEEK... http://schmidling.netfirms.com/weekly.htm

Richard Crisp
December 30th 03, 11:22 PM
"Jack Schmidling" > wrote in message
om...
> As promised last week (weather permitting and it did) we have the
> color version of M33 taken with the 4.25" Astrograph.
>
> js
>
> PHOTO OF THE WEEK... http://schmidling.netfirms.com/weekly.htm

That's always a neat target and you did a good job with it. One of the
really fun things about CCD imaging is that you can take a single frame
through a single filter and get joy, but after a few days of gathering data
through multiple filters, it really takes on a life. I guess it is sort of
like cheese: it takes some time to get really good.

BTW, Jack, the cheese making sounds really wonderful. I just love good aged
cheddar, and have such a hard time finding it. There's a Canadian brand I
used to like, the Black Diamond White Cheddar that was good, but it is
nearly impossible to find. So is it reasonable to expect a first batch to
come out really good?

Sorry for the OT, but I noticed the cheese making information on your
website and am very intrigued.

thanks
Richard