PDA

View Full Version : Crab Nebula (M1) in H alpha, OII and SII

Tristan DiLapo
December 21st 03, 05:08 PM
Hi Mike,

Did you see this interesting image of the Crab Nebula. Boy, it must
be nice to image from hot and clear California!

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/m1_crab_nebula_emission_page.htm

Tris

Richard Crisp
December 22nd 03, 12:27 AM
"Tristan DiLapo" > wrote in message
> Hi Mike,
>
> Did you see this interesting image of the Crab Nebula. Boy, it must
> be nice to image from hot and clear California!
>
> http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/m1_crab_nebula_emission_page.htm
>
> Tris

Oh, it was actually pretty cold and I was battling dew continuously to take
that image, Tristan.

It was on the verge of fogging nearly the whole session and finally did. I
was only able to take three exposures total, so I took one through each
filter.

I hope to get some more data next clearing. It has been cold and wet here in
the SF Bay area for the past week or more.

I am tired of it too!

Glad you liked my image, Tristan

Richard