PDA

View Full Version : connecting a cookbook245 camera on to a "new" computer

Bart Veltman
December 14th 03, 11:12 AM
Can anybody help me?

For some years ago I built a Cookbook245 camera an it was running fine on a
368sx PC. Unfortunatly the motherboard of the old PC broke down ,not
repairable, and I have to use another computer. I do own a Pentium III PC
but the camera won't function on that computer. I used different settings in
the bios, ECP+EPP 1.7 and 1.9, BI-DIR and Normal, but neither setting seems
to work. In case of the ECP+EPP mode the plus and minus 15 powervoltage
drops down to plus and minus 6volt; definitly not the right mode. The PC
prints fine but astrophotography is not possible.

Bart Veltman.
Duiven, The Netherlands.

Eric
December 16th 03, 02:14 AM
Bart,

First, try "Standard" mode on the printer port. You may need to find
245Plus. I had a similar problem with the cookbook camera on a very fast
laptop - the 0-255 values for the timers is not long enough. 245Plus has
0-65535 and this lets you make the delays long enough for things to work.

Eric.

Bart Veltman wrote:
> Can anybody help me?
>
> For some years ago I built a Cookbook245 camera an it was running fine on a
> 368sx PC. Unfortunatly the motherboard of the old PC broke down ,not
> repairable, and I have to use another computer. I do own a Pentium III PC
> but the camera won't function on that computer. I used different settings in
> the bios, ECP+EPP 1.7 and 1.9, BI-DIR and Normal, but neither setting seems
> to work. In case of the ECP+EPP mode the plus and minus 15 powervoltage
> drops down to plus and minus 6volt; definitly not the right mode. The PC
> prints fine but astrophotography is not possible.
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
>
> Bart Veltman.
> Duiven, The Netherlands.

Kenric Ma
December 16th 03, 06:56 AM
Hi,

Download the new Windows compitable software CBWinCam from Willmann Bell's
web site :

http://www.willbell.com/ccd/WinCookBook.htm

It supports very fast PC and with lots of new features.

Regards,

Kenric