PDA

View Full Version : SAC8 camera

SC
October 31st 03, 03:17 PM
In trying out the new SAC8 ccd camera, I'm finding all images are 320x240
rather than the advertised 640x480. Does anyone know how to clock out images
at the spec'd size?

scott

Bill S.
November 2nd 03, 06:35 AM
Shoot long exposures, not .avi's. There is a Yahoo SAC group with lots of
info.

Bill

"SC" > wrote in message
> In trying out the new SAC8 ccd camera, I'm finding all images are 320x240
> rather than the advertised 640x480. Does anyone know how to clock out
images
> at the spec'd size?
>
> scott

Mark Ritchie
November 6th 03, 12:44 PM
Scott,
When you setup the long exposure control in Astrovideo8 (or Astrovideo
3.1.4 or higher) you need to select 'High Resolution Mode' and probably
'Alternate interlace'. The HIRES mode will cause Astrovideo to read out the
2 interlaced frames. If you get bad striping, then select the alternate
interlace. You will still see some striping, but not much. You can also
get rid of this with the 'Match Odd/Even' option either during capture, or
when you process the images.

When you run in normal mode, you are basically working in binned mode, so it
is more sensitive than HIRES.

There is a Yahoo group for SAC-Imaging with tons of helpful posts.

I am still learning to use the SAC8, and I think it is a fun camera. You
will see some images from some of the experts on the Yahoo group that are
outstanding.

Mark