PDA

View Full Version : SBIG ST-7ME

Evan Miller
October 31st 03, 05:15 AM
How good an entry-level camera is the "new" SBIG ST-7ME being offered at
only $1295 (details on the Anacortes web site)?

Thanks,

Evan Miller

Roger Hamlett
October 31st 03, 12:16 PM
"Evan Miller" > wrote in message
> How good an entry-level camera is the "new" SBIG ST-7ME being offered at
> only $1295 (details on the Anacortes web site)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Evan Miller
Good.
It has a quite sensibly sized CCD, the advantage of built in guide system,
and is very aggressively priced.

Best Wishes

Jeff Richards
November 6th 03, 09:36 PM
Well, considering that I paid over $2600 for my ST-7E (note, non ME) over 5
years ago...it's a steal!!! I wish I still had the ST-7 as it's a great
camera. SBIG is pricing this to make up for not having a "current" entry
level camera while the replacement for the ST-237A is in testing. Go for it!

Clear skies,
Jeff