PDA

View Full Version : Rosette in [SII], Ha, [OIII]

Richard Crisp
October 26th 03, 12:47 PM
this is my first attempt at a color mosaic. this was a 2 x 1 mosaic of
ST10XME frames exposed through a set of Cust Sci 3nm FWHM filters and an AP
Traveller used with the AP 0.75x Telecompressor.

Each filter was exposed for 20 minutes at each site for a total of 2 hours
exposure. Since I had only one exposure at each site through each filter,
the image is noisier than I'd like

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/ngc2244_rosette_s2hao3_mosaic_page.htm

Johannes Schedler
October 28th 03, 01:10 PM
Richard, a very well done uncommon Hubble- like view!

Johannes
http://panther-observatory.com

"Richard Crisp" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
m...
> this is my first attempt at a color mosaic. this was a 2 x 1 mosaic of
> ST10XME frames exposed through a set of Cust Sci 3nm FWHM filters and an
AP
> Traveller used with the AP 0.75x Telecompressor.
>
> Each filter was exposed for 20 minutes at each site for a total of 2 hours
> exposure. Since I had only one exposure at each site through each filter,
> the image is noisier than I'd like
>
> http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/ngc2244_rosette_s2hao3_mosaic_page.htm

Richard Crisp
October 29th 03, 03:06 PM
"Johannes Schedler" > wrote in message
> Richard, a very well done uncommon Hubble- like view!
>
> Johannes
> http://panther-observatory.com

Well thank you Johannes.

Here's a link to another similar shot, but much lower resolution (it's a
"proof" shot)

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/ic1396_S2HaO3_page.htm