PDA

View Full Version : Three new images


Richard Crisp
October 6th 03, 07:13 AM
I finally spent an evening using my AP Traveller and AP900GTO mount I
purchased a few months back. I put my ST10XME and my FLI DF2 and FLI CFW1
filter wheel on the scope for the imaging train.

The first image is of M31. It was taken with Optec IR-Blocking LRGB filters.
Each sub exposure was 1 minute and the total exposure time was 35 minutes:

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/m31_LRGB_page.htm

The next shot is of M42/M43. Orion was simply awesome after it started
rising high in the Southern Sky about 2am. I couldn't resist taking an Ha
RGB set. I add the Ha data to the Red data and used that for the Red
channel. Likewise I summed the Ha, R, G and B data and used that for the
Luminance channel. The Ha shots were taken through a Schuler Ha filter (9nm
FWHM) and the exposures were one minute. Through the RGB filters, the
exposures were 20 seconds each. There were 20 exposures through each filter.
The total exposure time was 40 minutes.

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/m42_orion_nebula_lrgb_page.htm

The last shot is of the Flame Nebula and Horsehead Nebula in Orion. It was
exposed the same way as the M42/M43 shot above, but had 30 shots through
each filter. Again the Ha shots were 1 minute each. The LRGB shots were 20
seconds each.

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/flame_and_horsehead_page.htm

Steve Hix
October 7th 03, 05:15 AM
In article >,
"Richard Crisp" > wrote:

> I finally spent an evening using my AP Traveller and AP900GTO mount I
> purchased a few months back. I put my ST10XME and my FLI DF2 and FLI CFW1
> filter wheel on the scope for the imaging train.
>
> The first image is of M31. It was taken with Optec IR-Blocking LRGB filters.
> Each sub exposure was 1 minute and the total exposure time was 35 minutes:
>
> http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/m31_LRGB_page.htm

Beautiful shot.

Richard Crisp
October 7th 03, 05:19 AM
"Steve Hix" > wrote in message
...
> In article >,
> "Richard Crisp" > wrote:
>
> > I finally spent an evening using my AP Traveller and AP900GTO mount I
> > purchased a few months back. I put my ST10XME and my FLI DF2 and FLI
CFW1
> > filter wheel on the scope for the imaging train.
> >
> > The first image is of M31. It was taken with Optec IR-Blocking LRGB
filters.
> > Each sub exposure was 1 minute and the total exposure time was 35
minutes:
> >
> > http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/m31_LRGB_page.htm
>
> Beautiful shot.


Glad you liked it. I need a rematch with the nebulae to avoid the star
blooming and the secondary reflections from my filters.

GiMen
October 9th 03, 08:32 PM
Hi to all,
I have adjourned my page with new elaborations from lunar images with CCD in
the spring-summer 2003 and you perform with a Takahashi M-210 + HX-516
SXpress.

The images in the denominated section
"CCD lunar images Summer 2003" of the home page

Good vision and... comment well as always accept!!


Giorgio Mengoli
e-mail:
e-mail 2:
---------------------------------------
Astrophotography web site:
http://digilander.libero.it/gm2