PDA

View Full Version : M27: ten hours total exposure

Richard Crisp
September 15th 03, 06:26 AM
I shot this image of M27 over the past few nights through Ha, [OIII] and a
Blue filter.

I had 5.75 hours of Ha, 3.25 hours of [OIII] and one hour of Blue.

The emission line exposures were 15 minutes and were exposed through Custom
Scientific 3nm FWHM emission line filters.

The camera is a Finger Lakes IMG1024S "Dream Machine" which uses a Tektronix
TK1024 sensor.

An SBIG AO7 was used along with an SBIG ST7E and an RCOS Optical Systems
Dichroic Beam Splitter to guide and AO-correct the FLI camera.

The imaging scope is a Celestron C14 operating at f./11 (3910mm Focal
Length) mounted on an Astro-Physics AP1200GTO mount.

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/m27_dumbbell_nebula_hao3b_page.htm

comments always welcome

Richard Crisp
www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org

jerry warner
September 16th 03, 05:26 AM
Fabulous.
jerry

Richard Crisp wrote:

> I shot this image of M27 over the past few nights through Ha, [OIII] and a
> Blue filter.
>
> I had 5.75 hours of Ha, 3.25 hours of [OIII] and one hour of Blue.
>
> The emission line exposures were 15 minutes and were exposed through Custom
> Scientific 3nm FWHM emission line filters.
>
> The camera is a Finger Lakes IMG1024S "Dream Machine" which uses a Tektronix
> TK1024 sensor.
>
> An SBIG AO7 was used along with an SBIG ST7E and an RCOS Optical Systems
> Dichroic Beam Splitter to guide and AO-correct the FLI camera.
>
> The imaging scope is a Celestron C14 operating at f./11 (3910mm Focal
> Length) mounted on an Astro-Physics AP1200GTO mount.
>
> http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/m27_dumbbell_nebula_hao3b_page.htm
>
> comments always welcome
>
> Richard Crisp
> www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org

skozzy
September 16th 03, 11:24 AM
Truely worth the effort, great work.

Richard Crisp
September 23rd 03, 05:44 AM
"skozzy" > wrote in message
> Truely worth the effort, great work.

Fabulous.
jerry

Thanks Guys,

I hope to do some more processing on it in the near future.
rdc