PDA

View Full Version : Deep Crescent image

Johannes Schedler
September 4th 03, 04:52 PM
I would like to share a new image of the Crescent Nebula in Cygnus, taken
with the Canon 10D digicam, visually the nebula was completely invisible
even with the UHC filter, but the 10D with the C11 at f/6 did a good job.

I like the result, as there are different emission areas visible
giving a lot of colors and structure with just one filter!

Result and image details at:
http://panther-observatory.com/deepsky.htm#85

Hope you enjoy it like me,

Johannes
http://panther-observatory.com

Michael Richmann
September 4th 03, 06:24 PM
Johannes Schedler wrote:

> I would like to share a new image of the Crescent Nebula in Cygnus, taken
> with the Canon 10D digicam, visually the nebula was completely invisible
> even with the UHC filter, but the 10D with the C11 at f/6 did a good job.
>
> I like the result, as there are different emission areas visible
> giving a lot of colors and structure with just one filter!
>
> Result and image details at:
> http://panther-observatory.com/deepsky.htm#85
>
> Hope you enjoy it like me,

I did. Nice image, excellent color and detail.
--
Mike
http://www.concentric.net/~richmann/

Johannes Schedler
October 2nd 03, 04:09 PM
Jack,
sorry for your inconvenience!

ad 1
If you cannot open the image after saving, there was a failure during
download, my images all are standard jpg.

ad 2
The images are taken with a big chip and compressing too much reduces image
quality.
I am trying to keep the size between 150 and 300 kB. Most users now have
quicker connections and appreciate the better quality of the images at
longer download time.

ad 3
Richard Crisp is a amateur astronomer, he did very nice false color images
with narrowband filters.
The link is at his name.

take care,
Johannes