PDA

View Full Version : Re: Attaching CCD's to Eyepieces - Newbie question.

Rob Pollard
August 1st 03, 10:00 AM
Are you talking terrestrial digital camera or astronomical CCD? Nearly all
astro CCDs come with the relevant connectors to attach the device. For
digital cameras there are numerous designs from quite a few companies, but I
get the impression that they are not all fully universal and require you to
select the appropriate one based on your camera model.

--
Regards
Rob Pollard

My Astro CCD page is:
http://www.robpol.demon.co.uk

"John Chewter" > wrote in message
> Hi - I have been lurking in here for a few weeks - so hello to all.
>
> About time I started making my own images, so my question is......
>
> It there a recommended universal (ish) cdd assembly that would fit on a
> variety of telescope and microscope eyepieces. IE multi-use?
>
> I did some surfing and haven't found exactly what I need.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> John (UK)

John Chewter
August 1st 03, 12:01 PM
Well, I write imaging enhancement software.

What I am looking for is like a CCD device with appropriate lens assy that
could pop on
telescopes, microscopes, inspection devices or indeed anything that has an
eyepiece.

I naively envisaged a device with a rubber moulding that could be pushed on
to eyepieces
- or the eyepieces removed and it pushed on in its place.

Do such things exist? I found homebrew 'bubblegum and scotch tape' solutions
but a commercial one?