PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Creative Web Cam Pro EX?`

David Birnbaum
July 12th 03, 02:45 AM
I've just bought a Creative Web Cam Pro EX for use in astrophotography. It
has a 640x480 CCD and seems to give decent images when coupled to my
telescope(s). I've asked Creative for details on the CCD but got told that
they "don't disclose that information." Does anyone know any technical
details of the CCD and associated electronics?

Thanks

Dave Birnbaum

Robin Leadbeater
July 12th 03, 10:16 AM
"David Birnbaum" > wrote in message
. com...
> I've just bought a Creative Web Cam Pro EX for use in astrophotography.
It
> has a 640x480 CCD and seems to give decent images when coupled to my
> telescope(s). I've asked Creative for details on the CCD but got told
that
> they "don't disclose that information." Does anyone know any technical
> details of the CCD and associated electronics?

Hi Dave,

ISTR it has similar circuitry to the Vesta/Toucam etc and might be
modifiable for long exposure. Are you a member of QCUIAG? If not you can
join at

Take a look at message number 49788 and the following thread there. It will
give you more information

HTH
Robin

Robin Leadbeater